In today’s work, healthcare is heavily affected by IT. This is especially true not just in terms of compliance but also in terms of what can happen in the event of a breach. If a hacker gets into the system of a hospital, for example, they could shut down key components of that hospital, making the protection of the systems critical to human life.
Every type and size of healthcare business is prone to this kind of breach.
Healthcare Cybersecurity Compliance is Complex
Compliance can be very complex, with key security controls existing within the Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009 (HI-TECH).
Various Types of Healthcare Cybersecurity Protection
Our specific healthcare cybersecurity services can help your organization achieve compliance. We can provide compliance to healthcare analytics providers, teaching hospitals, medical centers, mental health facilities and health systems across the nation.
Within the HIPAA regulations, a covered entity (CE) must:
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all electronic protected health information (ePHI) the covered entity creates, receives, maintains or transmits.
- Protect against any reasonably anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such information.
- Protect against any reasonably anticipated uses or disclosures of such information that are not permitted or required.
- Ensure compliance by the workforce.
Essential security controls surrounding healthcare cybersecurity compliance include:
- Home-staged security controls eliminate the need for additional staff to maintain separate security controls
- Single console to manage all security controls
DataSure24’s latest reporting services for guiding toward HIPAA cybersecurity compliance include:
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Management
- Information System Activity Reviews
- Log-in Monitoring
- Password Management
Do you need assistance with healthcare cybersecurity compliance? DataSure24 has over 15 years of experience serving clients’ technology needs and is SSAE-18 certified and TIA-942 compliant. Simply fill out the form at the bottom of this page and one of our professionals will be in touch.