PCI-DSS (payment card industry data security standard) compliance is closely linked with financial security within the retail industry. This specific branch of financial compliance protects credit, debit and cash card holders against misuse of their cards and dangerous card transactions.
PCI compliance is essential for retailers. Within terms of auditing control objectives specified for compliance for PCI, our managed security services can help by:
- Maintaining a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data.
- Protecting stored cardholder data.
- Tracking and monitoring access to network resources and cardholder data.
- Testing security systems and processes.
We can offer essential features that can help you pass in the next PCI audit:
- Logging and Reporting
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Incident Response Planning
Another key challenge for retailers is the misconception that compliance with a standard like PCI DSS means that their networks are secure.
Many of the retailers that have suffered data breaches in the last few years have been compliant with industry guidelines or passed audits. Retail IT teams need to monitor their network continuously to detect suspicious or malicious activity before a breach can occur.