Regardless of how old a business’s cybersecurity program is, it’s important to regularly assess its current security posture, its operational processes and policies and procedures. Simply put, you can’t protect your business if you don’t know what gaps are present and where they are.
Every business is different, so completing a Cybersecurity Assessment will allow you to answer the following questions:
- What is my company’s critical information?
- What controls are in place for information systems?
- What is the current security posture of information systems?
- Should more or less stringent countermeasures be instituted?
- What is the prioritized security roadmap to follow that addresses high-priority issues first?
- Where am I at with my compliance requirements, and what should be next?
DataSure24’s team of security analysts have more than 20 years of experience navigating the complexities of cybersecurity assessments. Our risk assessments are based on cybersecurity frameworks developed to protect controlled unclassified information, including:
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) special publication 800-171
- Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
Although all organizations aren’t required to comply with the same frameworks, alignment of security and control structures against recognized frameworks is a key step in process maturity and diligence. After completion of risk assessments, company personnel receive case-specific recommendations for improving the company’s security posture, as well as meeting regulatory compliance.